watercolor6

Wonderfully Made

Founders Note: Today on the blog I have Vannessa Page from her A Journey to God, she is sharing her heart on one of my favorite verses Psalm 139. So sisters, I hope you are as encouraged by her words as I was. Be sure to check out her blog at the link below!

When I turned 30 I had a whole lot of angst. Good ole fashioned, “who am I?” kind of angst. I was a mother, a wife, and employee…yes but in my haste to grow up quick, I never had a chance to explore who I was, or who I was supposed to be. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t trade my husband and babies for the world, yet I worried, did I miss out on doing something great? It has taken me six years to realize that was the lie of an enemy. I had bought into the falsehood that I was not good enough, that I was missing out on something better, and that my life was meaningless.

When I was in high school, I attended a private Christian school. In one of our classes we were assigned Psalm 139 to memorize. Jesus etched the words that He had fearfully and wonderfully made me. He knew me, purposed me, and drew a life out for me, even when I was in my mama’s womb.

Recently I’ve been thinking about these sweet words In Psalm 139 and reflecting on the great, big and wide love of my savior. I believe He wants me to boldly proclaim, that He is the one who determines our worth. Sisters, hear me when I tell you, men, women, media, and the devil himself want you to believe that you are worthless, not pretty enough, not smart enough, damaged beyond repair. But your creator, your savior, the one who sent His son to die on the cross for you, says otherwise. I wonder what your life would look like if you lived in that truth. Would you experience freedom? I think so! I challenge you, for the next few days, each morning you wake say to God, “I praise you because I, ________, am fearfully and wonderfully made!” Perhaps you wear it like a patch on your heart. You could cover that wounded place with the knowledge that you were meant to be and beloved by the Creator of the Universe.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 
Psalms 13: 14-16

 Vanessa
Vanessa Page is the founder and author of the blog A Journey to God. She has been married for 16 years to her best friend, David and has three children ages 5, 10, and 16. She works as a technical and freelance writer, enjoys leading worship at church, and spending time with her precious family. Above it all, Vanessa is His and He is hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24