watercolor6

Snippet of Growth

As i sit here and think about graduating in a week i think to myself..."shoot!"  Although i will miss my dear friends, i am excited to get out there and see what God has in store for me. This week i have been reading in Romans and the other day i came across these verses--"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."--Romans 5:3-5. This made me think about suffering and how sometimes things just don't go our way and we are left asking God "why". I can relate to this. But we must remember that even though things aren't going our way, God's got it and he will never leave us. Cause he's right there wherever we go. As the verse says--"And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit"  In my times of struggle God has continually poured out his love for me and continued to shape me into the Godly women that he wants me to be. Every single day, i fall more in love with God, he is simply amazing!
Here are some verses about suffering--

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us"--Romans 8:18


"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you experience trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."-James 1:2-4


"But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering, he speaks to them in their affliction"--Job 36:15

"My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life"-Psalm 119:50

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24