watercolor6

Despite our Struggles

The other night while taking a break from homework i was reading this blog about a baby who died of a heart defect after it was born. (This story is based on a song by JJ Heller called "Olivianna")  It was a really sad story and it broke my heart when I read all of the posts leading up to the moment when she was born. But as i read this women's blog, i was encouraged because even though she was struggling and going through a really hard time, she still trusted in God for every bit of strength that he could give her. She was struggling, yet she trusted that he would bring her and her family through it all and that her daughter was going to be with Jesus. As i was reading one of her posts this verse was in it--"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name sake. Even though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and staff they comfort me."-Psalm 23:1-4. As i read this verse i was again encouraged, because despite our suffering God is still good, God is still faithful, God still loves us more than we can even imagine. "He leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul"  Day after day, he restores our soul. so that we may continue to be the godly women/men that he has called us to be. Despite our pain and suffering...he is holding us together. (see Colossians 1) As she was preparing for losing her child, she still put her faith in God. She trusted him with it all. In the face of tragedy she put her hope in God. That to me is real faith, it's what Hebrews 11:1 talks about. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" . 
Read her blog here--Olivianna and listen to the song by JJ Heller here--

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24