watercolor6

Just Rest


Last night i was reading my devotional and it was talking about Deuteronomy 5:12-15 which says-- 
"Observe the sabbath day keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day"--Deuteronomy 5:12-15. 
 This made me think about the time that i take out of each day to spend with God before i go to bed. It helps me unwind. He's the one who's right there at the end of my day that i can vent all of my cares and worries to, he is the pursuer of my heart. Daily he is pursuing my heart and your heart. He loves each and every one of us more than we can even imagine....amen. I think it's important to set aside a day of rest. to take time away from homework or work and just rest and enjoy the people around you. For me that day is usually Friday nights--where i take time to just rest and be with my friends. Sometimes i have too much homework to do this so i have to switch it to a different day. I think it's so important that we do this because it forces us to take the time out of our busy schedules and just be. God is longing for that time alone with us, he pursues are hearts daily. So i encourage you this week to take that time out of your week and just rest.


Soak up this verse---  "Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ"-Galations 1:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24