watercolor6

Acceptable and Pleasing

"The Fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever; the ordinances of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweater than honey, and drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward."-Psalm 19:9-11

My devotional the other day was talking about these verses and as i  read though it...i couldn't help but say "amen" after every verse. At the beginning of the psalm it says, "The heavens are telling the glory of God and the firmament proclaims his handiwork" and then i read on to verse 14 which says--"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you". Now that right there is something that i strive for everyday, that the words of my mouth and heart are acceptable to him. (see Isaiah 55:8) That's my prayer daily and yet sometimes i fail, but at the end of the day he's right there to pick me back up and say" let's do this again". God has definetly taught me this summer that---if i trust in him he will provide and he continues to fill me up with him daily. So good! so, go grab your bible and seek him with all your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24