watercolor6

Beginnings and Endings

 Today my devotional was talking about beginnings and endings, here's what it had to say...
 May is underway, that strange months of beginnings and endings. As the earth in this hemisphere shifts into a new season of summer, with new life springing up everywhere, the school year careens to a close. Here is our college town, folks are cramming for finals, packing up dorms and offices, and shuttling moving vans from one end of the city to the other. The post office is jammed. Seniors stand in clumps in the quad, crying, hugging, promising all kinds of things they'll never be able to deliver. And meanwhile a baby bunny peaks out from a hedge, blinking in astonishment at this marvelous new world. Beginnings, endings. Such is May in the shifting of seasons. Such is May in the secular calendar. But then a new era begins: after the ascension the disciples waited in Jerusalem, as Jesus had commanded, until the Holy Spirit fell upon them in the power of Pentecost. We remember their empowerment, their sudden boldness to spread the Good news, in what we call the birthday of the church. All this recounted during the Month of May and after that comes the longest season in the church year: the season of Pentecost, sometimes known as the second stretch of ordinary time. Endings beginnings; old life, new life. What's ending in your life these days? Whats just getting you startled? Where is God in the midst of it all? - Sarah Arthur.

This got me thinking, about how the school year is ending and some of my friends are graduating. Part of me is sad about this but the other part of me is excited for them to move on into something new. It will be exciting, yet scary. It's weird to think that i am only one semester from being graduated. then i will be at grad school, far away, away from everything i know. sounds scary, doesn't it...but it will be a new beginning and God will be right there the whole time continuing to shape me into the godly women that he wants me to be. So encouraging! So remember as you end your school year, or graduate from college and move on to a new stage of life, remember that God is always with you, no matter what your going through! cause his plans are so much better than ours.

Isaiah 44:6-8 says....

“This is what the LORD says—
   Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
   apart from me there is no God.
7 Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.
   Let him declare and lay out before me
what has happened since I established my ancient people,
   and what is yet to come—
   yes, let them foretell what will come.
8 Do not tremble, do not be afraid.
   Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?
You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?
   No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24