watercolor6

Homeless

Today my devotional was talking about being homeless here's what it had to say, We talk about homelessness and about how Jesus can commiserate with the person who has no home or family to speak of. And it makes me wonder: why throughout the Gospels is there so little about Christs brothers and mother except when he is giving them up or giving them away? I can't help but think there must have been some kind of brokenness there. But surely not on Jesus part...perhaps a hardness of heart on their part? But surely not on the part of Mary. In the end, I'm bewildered by Christs ideas of homes and family- Sarah Arthur

This got me thinking about how Jesus never really had a home that he went to regularly, he spent many nights in prayer by himself. What would it be like if we spent time in devotion and prayer all the time just as Jesus did? I think it's important to spend time in prayer and devotion with God. To soak up his word and his presence daily. Habakkuk 2:20 says..The LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him. so grab your bible and soak up his word! 
Matthew 8:18-22 says...
"When Jesus saw the crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other side of the lake. Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, “Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.” Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”Another disciple said to him, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” But Jesus told him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24