watercolor6

Prayer

My devotional today was about prayer here's what it had to say, When it comes to prayer. I'll admit it: I'm a lazy slob. It's difficult at first for me to feel any sense of connection with God when I'm deliberately trying. I know others who experience the same thing, especially nocturnal types who are suddenly compelled after Sundays sermon to get up at  a ridiculously early hour and sit comatose on  Monday morning over a bible and a mug of coffee. Such efforts usually last about three days. That's because prayer, as I've learned through fits and starts, isn't about feeling anything; it's about doing what God has asked me to do. Diet and exercise. Obedience-Sarah Arthur
Prayer is something that is important to do in our daily lives, Personally i start my mornings out with prayer and devotionals. Since i've started doing my devotionals in the morning instead of at night i learn to apply what i learned that morning for the rest of the day. I love being able to soak up God's word right as i start off my day, it's the one thing that i look forward to each day, spending uninterrupted time with God in prayer and in his word. so good! These are times when i fall more madly in love with God. Lately i've realized that no matter what circumstances i'm in he is still good and he falls more madly in love with me more and more each day, a friend reminded me in a note that "God is so in love with you."  Little did my friend know that on that particular day i really needed that note, it had been a rough couple weeks and that little bit of encouragement was just what i needed. It's funny how God always knows what we need, he's so good like that. Prayer is one of those times when we can ask God for guidance and he will be there to take our hand and lead us down the path that he has set for us because his plans are so much better than our plans could ever be..remember that..just take a moment to soak it in. 
1 Thessalonians 5:14-18 says....
"And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24