watercolor6

March Revival

 My devotional today was about revival here's what it had to say, A strange but not wholly unexpected thing happened during the spring semester of my senior year in college. Spiritual revival swept our campus in the form of late night worship services and public confession of sin. It was strange because it engulfed almost everyone, not just individuals here or there; and yet it didn't transform us into an unthinking mass the way a rock concert or stampede might-it had the air of sanity as well as sanctity.  But no one could avoid the sudden wind that came blasting over the mid western plains that week. Every time you turned a corner, there it was-Sarah Arthur
This got me thinking about what if that very same thing happened on my college campus, what would that mean. All i know is that the spirit would definitely be working throughout my campus and beyond. when i read this, this morning i thought about this song that we sang last night at the ash Wednesday service. It's called Give me faith, here are some of the words, "Give me faith to trust what you say. That you're good and your love is great . I'm broken inside, I give you my life". These words help me remember that God is good and no matter what my circumstances are he is still good.
 John 3:6-8 says,
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit
The Cure for Insecurity by Leslie Ludy
Also read this article from the new Setapartgirl magazine-What a Godly Guy wants in a wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24