watercolor6

"Just Like my Dad"

My devotional today talked about people we look up to in our lives such as our Dad here's what it had to say, Whenever I'm around older Christians whom i admire , i tell that person,"I want to be just like you when I grow up." My dad is one of those people. Today is his birthday and i honor him because I want to be just like him someday-a down to earth example of lifelong commitment to Jesus, an example of Jesus himself. "What would Jesus do?" That's what were taught to ask in any given situation , because Jesus is our ultimate example. And on a certain level it's an important question, because it trains us to pause and think before we act. But the problem is, we're so disconnected from Jesus most of the time that we actually have to pause and think. Our instincts are all messed up. This worldly society has conditioned us to follow our natural obsessive habits to the point that a Christlike response doesn't even register on our behavioral radars. But the goal of the Christian life isn't simply to acknowledge that Jesus died for our sins so that we could go to heaven. The goal of the Christian life is to gradually transform our very beings so we instinctively act and think and talk like Jesus-Sarah Arthur

Now for my thoughts...
This is how God calls us to act just like our heavenly father. We are called to imitate him in all that we do and say, pretty much model our lives after him. I know at times this can even be hard for me but i know that God is always there right beside me holding my hand every step of the way. Even in the moments in life like right now where i am unsure about some things. Especially right now when i am praying that God will bring that Godly man into my life in his time...believe me this is hard when your like me and you don't have a lot of patience. I remember that God's plans are so much better than my own. If you could dear blogger reader pray that i will have patience and seek God in this area of my life.
Ephesians 4:30-5:2 says...
"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.  Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.  Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children  and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."
So grab your bible and soak this verse up :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24