watercolor6

Obedience Anyway

 My devotional today talked about obedience and here's what it had to say...
I keep coming across flashes of insight from my college journals that remind me of Gods faithfulness. Here's one:
I learned something very important today from the woman named Ginger who picks us up and takes us to church. This morning the topic of school bible studies came up, and i mentioned how once upon a time I wanted to start one in my high school. "So did you?" Ginger asked. And i said "no it just wasn't my thing". She gently reminded me that i may not have felt equipped to lead a bible study or witness to the non-christians in school but God would have honored my obedience if he desired me to do it. Immediately i knew she was right. In retrospect i now realize i was supposed to start a Bible study back then, but i didn't obey- Sarah Arthur.
It reminded me of the times when i haven't followed God's obedience and done what he desired me to do. The times that i have it has worked out and i have seen him work in my life. I always try to keep in mind that he's always right beside me where ever i go.
Colossians 2:6-10 says,
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,  rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.  See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,  and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24