watercolor6

Blessed by those who suffer

 I was reading in my devotional book today and i decided to go back a little bit and read this one that caught my eye because it was talking about suffering, here's what it had to say..

Often we're embarassed. uncomfortable, or downright fearful of spending time with someone who clearly needs help.  We'd rather not visit the hospital. we really don't like hanging out with dying people. we avoid the sick, the lonely, the broken, the opressed. I'm one of the worse culprits in this department. I'm terrified that i won't be able to help them. The truth is, God meets people in their suffering, which means that the ones among us who have seen God, who are the closet to God, aren't the ones who seem to have it all together but the ones who daily battle pain and battle it graciously-our Christian brothers and sisters who know what loss and tragedy are. Those who have suffered well have learned wisdom. They have seen the face of God-Sarah Arthur
The part that said, God meets people in their suffering. really tugged at my heart strings because this is so true, even in those times when we don't realize it. So i encourage you to seek God in those times when you are going through suffering. Because he will meet you right there wherever you are, take your hand and walk down the path from what may seem like darkness to light.
Job 19:21-27 says...
“Have pity on me, my friends, have pity,
   for the hand of God has struck me.
 Why do you pursue me as God does?
   Will you never get enough of my flesh? “Oh, that my words were recorded,
   that they were written on a scroll,  that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead,
   or engraved in rock forever!  I know that my redeemer lives,
   and that in the end he will stand on the earth.And after my skin has been destroyed,
   yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him  with my own eyes—I, and not another.
   How my heart yearns within me"
-Job 19:21-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24