watercolor6

Come and Rest

My best friend posted about this blog, and so i thought i would check it out--Be. Loved.
As i was looking though some of the posts i came across one on singleness. It talked about finding rest in God's word alone, nothing else, no-one else.
Matthew 11:28-30 says--Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” God tells us right here, to find our rest in him no matter what we are going through, or how much we are struggling, he will meet us right where we are no matter how deep we think we have fallen away from him. God is the lover of our souls, he will never leave us. If you are weary with singleness, as the verse says rest in his word. Find rest in his words, song of Solomon 4:7 says--"You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you"--Let this be a reminder that God loves you more than you can imagine and he is in awe of your beauty. 
I encourage you do this, in those times when i am struggling i open up his word and find comfort in it. i challenge you to do the same, don't ever forget how much he loves you!

Here's a little snippet from the blog---"Find the rest that you so deeply need in Scripture, in the written Word of God. Nothing comforts a weary soul quite like the gentle words of our King. He promises to bear the weight that we cannot, to meet us at the place we’re in, to walk beside us through our darkest valley’s."

He is water for the parched.
He is love for the forgotten.
He is peace for the grief-stricken.
He acceptance for the wayward.
He is justice for the weak.
He is light for the lost.
He is food for the hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24