watercolor6

Grace + Trust


"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into his grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God"--Romans 5:1-2.
Today as I was reading my devotional i was thinking about the grace that God gives us each and every day, no matter what. It's only Tuesday and I've been over emotional, getting upset over little things. Like things people say to me, not meaning to hurt my feelings but then they do. As i read Romans 5:1-2 i was reminded that the same grace that God gives us, sometimes we need to extend that to other people. And believe me this is hard for me sometimes....especially if that person is not exactly treating me the best.  Psalm 62:7 the message version says it best, "My help and glory are in God granite strength and safe harbor God. So trust him absolutely, people; lay your lives on the line for him. God is a safe place to be.."  As i think about that verse i am reminded that no matter what i am going through God is right there, he continually reminds me to trust in him no matter  what. trust in his perfect plan for my life, not my own. I must admit, sometimes i get carried away and want to do it on my own until I realize that i just can't do it without him. Pray for me and hold me accountable to trusting in his perfect plan for my life and not my own. Also pray that i would get time with him because that has definetly been lacking. As you go through this week i encourage you to do the same. trust in him and rest in the grace that gives to us all.
Jimmy needhams song If i ever needed grace says it best--listen to it here--If I ever needed Grace, Jimmy Needham


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24