watercolor6

Despite our Weaknesses


I was talking to a dear friend this week and she reminded me of this verse, which tugged at my heart and  made me think about those times when we feel as though we've failed God is right there to remind us that his grace is sufficient for us and his power is made perfect in weakness. God's power is made perfect in our weakness, no matter what we struggle with God is right there working through us and in us. As i read today's devotional i was again reminded that we are filled with the fullness of Christ in everything that we do, even in our weakness, yes even then. God provides us with the grace to be able to forgive ourselves when we've done something that we know was stupid or hurtful to someone else or even ourselves.. He takes those weakness that sometimes we are not willing to admit and uses them for his glory, weather it be to help someone else or ourselves God finds a way to use them. He uses them and makes them into something that he considers to be beautiful and calls it his own. Cause remember--his power is made perfect in weakness, yep. even when we don't see it, God is making us into something beautiful, molding us into the people that he wants us to be. He is the potter and we are the clay, his plans are far better than anything that we could come up with, so we let him mold us..even in our weakness. even when we think we just can't do it anymore. He's right there shaping us into the godly women/men that we are called to be. He doesn't do this by manipulating us, but by gently taking each of our weaknesses and making them into something, perfect and beautiful in his eyes..and that is all we need. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness"

 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." -2 Corinthians 12:9



With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all- Acts 4:33




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24