watercolor6

You are Mine

Isaiah 43:1-4 says--
"But now, this is what the Lord says--He who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: Do not fear, for i have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord you God the Holy One of Israel, your savior; I give Egypt for your ransom. Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, i will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life"

My devotional today was talking about this verse and how God calls us his. As verse one says, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine"  God continually let's us know that we are his and he never wants us to forget that...never. He reminds us that we are first in his life. no matter what. No matter what we are going through he's always right there. We are precious and honored in his sight. he loves us more than we can even imagine. God has really been teaching me that no matter where i go or where i end up, he will be right there with me. No matter what stage we are in, in life God reminds us daily that we will always be his. He loves us more than any person ever could. As i remember this i breathe a sigh of relief and thank God for all that he has given me. So remember as you go through this week, that you are his no matter what.

 Here's a little snippet from my devotional---"I have called you by name, you are mine," says Isaiah 43:1. At my baptism, the pastor dipped his hand in the the water, placed it on my forehead and called me by name. The sacrament was an  outward expression of an inward grace that Jesus has claimed me, that my name meant something to him, that i belonged to him no matter whom i married (or not)"--Sarah Arthur





No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24