watercolor6

Who are we in Christ?

One of my friends gave me this list of verses that define who God says we are to him. As i read through all of them, there were so many that spoke to my heart and what God has been teaching me this summer. Here are some of them----
I am rejoicing in troubles, because through them God is building me up and making me strong (Romans 5:3-5) This is so encouraging to me because, this past semester i was struggling with this very thing, thanking God for my troubles. Through those struggles he has taught me that no matter what i am going through he is building me up and making me strong just as the verse says. "I am loved and chosen by God"( 1 Thess. 1:4) Wow. God chose me and loves me...even when i feel like i have failed. He loves you and i even when we feel like we've failed....he's still right there to wrap his arms around us and say, you are precious and honored in my sight. After reading these i just felt so at peace with God and smiled to myself because he always provides!  Let that soak in and remember that God loves you more than you can even imagine! 

"For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you" -1 Thessalonians 1:4

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.-Romans 5:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24