watercolor6

Peace

My devotional tonight was about Peace. This made me think about the peace that God puts in our hearts every moment of every day. What if this peace that God gives was in the world? I think it would be a very different world. As Christians we are to take that peace and share it with others. In the bible God is referred to many times as the prince of peace. (see Isaiah 9:6)  John 14:27 says-- "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.." In the second part of this verse God makes it clear that he does not give to us as the world does, because he is far greater than the world. Everyday he provides for us the peace that we need to get through the day or the struggle that we may be going through...if we just trust in him he will provide for our needs. That right there is something that God has been teaching me this summer, to trust in him and he will provide..amen to that! Proverbs 3:5 is my daily reminder to trust him and not my own insight. So, take that peace that God gives you and i every day...cling to it with all your heart because as the verse says..."I do not give to you as the world gives.." 
 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid"--John 14:27-29

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24