watercolor6

"Let it Go"

This was one of those moments when you realize that God really does have a sense of humor....
Earlier tonight i was sitting with my family at a restaurant, listening to the guy ramble on that was at the next table...from what i heard he was going on about a person that he liked but he was mad that he didn't tell her. But in the end,  she thought they were just friends. The thing that struck me the most was what the lady said that was across the table from him she said, "You gotta let it go" and i laughed to myself for a minute then thought wait, was that God telling me that i need to let the situation with someone that hurt me earlier in the year "go". Was this his way of telling me that i need to give it to him as I have done so many times before...I think so.  I sat there and thought to myself, "okay God, i'll do it", despite my reluctance I had this strong feeling that it was what i needed to do.  Instantly I thought of one of my favorite verses in Mark which says, "What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?- Mark 8:36. This verse definitely says it all--- "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"- Philippians 4:6-7 As i type this i think of the song by Tenth Avenue North called..."Let it go". which strikes me yet again, and i say to myself..."Thanks God, you are so good". So go grab  your bible and soak up his word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24