watercolor6

He Fills me up.

Again my devotional was talking about the glory of God and it again mentioned the quote from yesterday---"The glory of God is a human being fully alive". Here's a brief snippet from it--Let me tell you about one such human being. He is my ninety something year old grandfather, and he has lived his life to the glory of God for almost a century. -Sarah Arthur.

After i got done reading this i again asked myself the question, can i think of someone in my life who has lived their life to the glory of God. As i pondered over this, I immediately thought of my ninety one year old grandmother...she is truly an amazing women. The other day she gave me some hand stitched doilies that she made me, enclosed was a note...it was so sweet and very thoughtful of her. She is definitely one of those people in my life that i would say has lived every day to the glory of God because of her great love for others. She definitely shines God's love. I just hope that I radiate that same love for others as she does when i am her age. My prayer for this summer is that God would fill me up with him...and let me tell you, so far this summer he has. My heart feels so full every time i do my devos and it's just me and him having a conversation through prayer and reflection on his word...what an amazing gift. He has definitely blessed me so much! So if you could my dear blog reader, pray that this would continue and that i would seek him in everything that i do.

Psalm 71:7-9 says....
7 I have become a sign to many;
   you are my strong refuge.
8 My mouth is filled with your praise,
   declaring your splendor all day long.
 9 Do not cast me away when I am old;
   do not forsake me when my strength is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24