watercolor6

Glory

Today my devotional was about Glory, more specifically God's glory and what it means for us as Christians. Just to change it up a little bit i am only going to give you a brief snippet of the part of it that really tugged at my heart. Here's what it had to say...
Does God naturally have his own glory, or do we give it to him? Perhaps the second century bishop Irenaeus was asked the same questions. He said "The glory of God is a human being fully alive." I find this to be a powerful answer to my bewilderment. Glory means that if a human being is doing what he or she was created to do, then God is honored. Other people take notice. The world wakes up a little bit, sees things in a clearer, holier light, and seeks the source of that light- Sarah Arthur

After i read this, i couldn't help but think about the quote in the second sentence that says "the glory of God is a human being fully alive." Then i thought about what it would mean if each and every one of us lived as if we were "fully alive" giving God the glory for everything that we do. I am not saying that we don't do this already to some extent but what if we did this every second, of every day in everything that we do. I don't know about you but this is my prayer daily, that i would glorify God in everything that I do and say. Sometimes it's hard and even sometimes i fail, but in the end God is still there with his arms wrapped around me letting me know that he loves me more than I can even imagine. So i go back to the question, what would it be like to be "fully alive" as the quote says. Think about it for a moment...people would definitely notice something different about you...so in the midst of your crazy week or busy summer, strive to be fully alive as the quote says...because he loves you more than you can even imagine. amen. 

John 17:1-5 says...
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24