watercolor6

Through a Glass Darkly

My devotional the other day was about prayer, here's what it had to say...
I've been thinking about prayer lately, particularly those murky moments when were just not sure what God is saying. If he's saying anything at all. This is when Paul's words in 1 Corithians 13:12 take on real poignancy. Maybe murkiness is the best we hope for most the time?- Sarah Arthur
 1 Corthinians 13:12 says...
"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."

I will be the first to admit that there are times when i pray and i'm not sure what God is saying but i remember that God's plans are so much better than my own. So i wait and listen for God to respond. It's the waiting that get's to me sometimes, since i'm not very paitent waiting is hard especially when the results just don't appear. Pslam 37:7 says, Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Even though i know it's hard, just wait and God will respond in his time not ours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24