watercolor6

"Go to Nineveh" or whatever: Part 1

My devotional today was talking about the times when God tells you do something that you really don't want to do, here's what it had to say...
My friend Kate and i like to e-mail each other about spiritual issues, especially since we now live one thousand miles apart. Here's one of our recent conversations. Kate: Last night my husband had this "Go to Nineveh" experience. Sarah Arthur: hmm..generally when someone gets the call to Nineveh or to ministry, it's something they'd rather not do instead of something they've been dreaming about for a while-Sarah Arthur

When i read this i thought about all the times that God has asked me to do something that i didn't want to do. There have definitely been times when i didn't do what God wanted me to out of selfishness or stubbornness...those of you that know me know that i am stubborn when i don't want to do something. The times when i do listen to God and do what he wants me to do our always the times when God teaches me something and realize that this was his plan for me all along. Like i said before his plans are so much better than ours could ever be. So Listen when God tells you do something that wasn't in your so called "plan", because those are times when he teaches us something.
Jonah 1:1-3 says...
The word of the LORD came to Jonah son of Amittai: “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”But Jonah ran away from the LORD and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24