watercolor6

Back in Step

My devotional today was about getting back in step with God here's what it had to say, My husband and i are hikers, but i'll admit: I'm hopelessly out of shape most of the time (sitting in front of a laptop all day might have something to do with it....) As my hiking partners effortlessly stride up a mountain, chatting, and laughing, I'm the one in the back of the line, wheezing like a cat with a fur ball. So is it all that different when it comes to the spiritual life? Am i keeping pace like i should be?  Father i want to walk with Jesus. Somehow i got out of step. I'll follow the footprints though by now they're nearly obliterated and mostly blurred. I'll get back in step. put one foot in front of the other repeating the Prodigals speech. putting my hope in the promise that if i keep plodding along if i just push myself to try, to hear his voice, to walk as he does. He'll turn and begin to run full tilt to meet me where i am-Sarah Arthur
Hebrews 12:12-13 says...
Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.  “Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.
This is so true in our relationship with God, that no matter how much we have fallen off the path he will come and take our hands and meet us exactly where we are. "He'll turn and begin to run full tilt to meet me where i am", this is definetly true in our spiritual lives and its so encouraging to know that we have a relationship with a God who will pick us up when we think there's no one there to help us, who loves us unconditionally no matter what we do he still loves us. I don't know about you but this is so encouraging to me, it makes me smile. In my spiritual life lately God has been there to pick me up and take my hand when i thought there was no else to help me up and he put me into his arms and said "it's going to be okay, trust me", I learned so much during this time but most of all i know that God provides, he is so good even when we don't see it. So i encourage you to go, grab your bible and read James 1:2-4.
 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything- James 1:2-4

read this devotional- He is enough, by Leslie Ludy

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24