watercolor6

Face in the Dust

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassion's never fail. They are new every morning;great is your faithfulness"-Lamentations 3:22-23.  As i read this verse, it tugged at my heart and reminded me that his compassion for us never fails, even when we think we don't deserve it. he still loves us. even when we don't see it. he's right there.  He takes us out of the dust and  brings us life. Even when we think we've failed, God will never fail  us. As i read further i was again taken back by verses 28-29 which say-- "Let
him sit alone in silence, for the LORD has laid it on him.  Let him bury his face in the dust—  there may yet be hope"  As i read the second part of this verse i thought to myself, what does that mean--"bury his face in the dust, then i thought about those times when God puts us through suffering and we feel as if we've been buried in the dust of pain. The pain just seems to keep coming and we almost feel buried by it. but the truth is, in the midst of all of that pain, God's right there reaching his hand out slowly helping us shake the dust off ourselves. I don't know about you but I've experienced those times where i just feel buried in the dust of pain and then I am reminded of his all consuming love for me. and that alone gives me peace. As lamentations says--"Because of the Lords great love we are not consumed, for his compassion's never fail". So the next time your feeling as if your covered in the dust of pain just reach out your hand and he will pull you out of the dust..


Read this devotional at Sheseeks.org--Please don't judge me




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24