watercolor6

Perplexed


2 Corinthians 4:8-15---
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you. It is written: " I believed; therefore I have spoken". Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God" 


My devotional today was talking about this verse and as i read it i was reminded of something that left me feeling "perplexed". Someone had hurt my feelings, they let me down. i was disappointed in them. Which if you know me at all, i don't get mad very easily but this hurt. Although at the time it hurt, i  can honestly say that I have grown so much from this. God has definetly been showing me that when i trust in him he will provide and when i think he won't come through he will. He has also taught me that no matter what--i need to forgive those who hurt me. God has put me at peace with the whole situation and i know that by putting my trust in him he will provide. always. no matter what.   In those  times when  we might feel perplexed, not always trusting that God will come through....remember this verse and be reminded that he will come through, cause he's got your back my sister/brother in Christ. Trust in him and he will provide. As proverbs 3:5 says---"TRUST in Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24