watercolor6

Make me Still

My devotional the other day was about being still before God. So often we get into our busy lives and forget that we need to take time out of our day just to be still and spend time with God. Psalm 46:10 says,"He says, Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth"-Psalm 46:10.  This is a good reminder that when we are still before God we can soak up his presence and bask in his glory. Here's what my devotional had to say...
Some of the most restless moments of my life are when I'm attempting to pray or read scripture and mind is chasing a million unspiritual thoughts, like a gerbil on a wheel. I'm sure I'm not alone. What would happen if we were honest to God about those moments and turned them over to him?  God make me still. my mind is full of words and pictures and ideas I imagine to be true. My heart is full of desires i wrongfully feel I'm entitled to. My body is fully of sleep and cobwebs and dust. So if my mind is taking over let my thoughts be full of you, Jesus-Sarah Arthur
Psalm 131
My heart is not proud, LORD, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have calmed and quieted myself,  I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. Israel, put your hope in the LORD both now and forevermore. 
I read this verse this weekend and it really resonated with me- Jude 24-25
To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24